Find out how advertising can help your business. Advertising media include Newspapers, Magazines, Directories, Commercial Radio, Television, Cinema, Outdoor and the Internet.
The Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) has information on circulation and distribution of newspapers.
- The West Lothian Courier is a weekly paid for newspaper based in Bathgate with a circulation of 13,300.
- 20-22 King Street,
- West Lothian,
- EH48 1AX
- (t) 01506 633544
- (f) 01506 653526
- The Linlithgowshire Journal & Gazette is a weekly paid for newspaper based in Linlithgow with a circulation of 7,368. There are three editions in Linlithgow, Bo'ness and Queensferry.
- 114 High Street,
- West Lothian
- EH49 7AQ
- (t) 01506 844592
- The Edinburgh Evening News is a daily paid for newspaper based in Edinburgh with a circulation of 39,947. The distribution area includes Edinburgh, Lothians, Borders and Fife.
- Barclay House,
- 108 Holyrood Road,
- EH8 8AS
- (t) 0131 620 8620
- (f) 0131 620 8616
Business7 in association with Business Insider. Read all the latest Scottish business news and updates from across the UK. Company results, comment, features, business events, awards and lots more.
OneSixty Dundee Street
(t) 0131 535 5555
Business Connections Online. On the last working day of each month West Lothian Council's Planning & Economic Development service produces an e-mail newsletter, "West Lothian Business Connections Online", summarising all the latest business news and developments in West Lothian. To contribute articles contact
(t) 01506 283080
Radio audiences are measured by Radio Joint Audience Research Limited (RAJAR). All audience reach figures shown below are from the December 2005 RAJAR quarterly summary, for more information go to the Quarterly Summary section of their website.
- Forth One is an Edinburgh based radio station that covers South East Scotland including West Lothian. They broadcast to a potential market of 1,041,000 adult (15+) listeners and have a weekly reach of 302,000 listeners and 2,786,000 hours listened. This gives them a 12.5% share of listening in their broadcast area.
- (t) 0131 475 1302
- Forth One Website.
- Forth Two is an Edinburgh based radio station that covers South East Scotland including West Lothian. They broadcast to a potential market of 1,041,000 adult (15+) listeners and have a weekly reach of 88,000 listeners and 692,000 hours listened. This gives them a 3.1% share of listening in their broadcast area.
- (t) 0131 475 1302
- Forth Two Website.
- Real Radio is a Glasgow based radio station that covers the entire Central Belt including West Lothian. They broadcast to a potential market of 2,619,000 adult (15+) listeners and have a weekly reach of 701,000 listeners and 9,688,000 hours listened. This gives them a 17.7% share of listening in their broadcast area.
- (t) 0141 781 1011
- Real Radio Scotland Website
- Clyde One is a Glasgow based radio station that covers the West of Scotland including some of the western parts of West Lothian. They broadcast to a potential market of 1,834,000 adult (15+) listeners and have a weekly reach of 588,000 listeners and 5,504,000 hours listened. This gives them a 14.9% share of listening in their broadcast area.
- (t) 0141 565 2222
- Clyde One Website
- Clyde Two is a Glasgow based radio station that covers the West of Scotland including some of the western parts of West Lothian. They broadcast to a potential market of 1,834,000 adult (15+) listeners and have a weekly reach of 316,000 listeners and 3,081,000 hours listened. This gives them a 8.3% share of listening in their broadcast area.
- (t) 0141 565 2222
- Clyde Two Website
- Scottish Television is the local commercial television network. You can place adverts on a UK wide, Scotland wide or Micro region basis. The Scottish East Micro Region is approximately the Edinburgh, Lothians and Fife area.
- (t) 0131 200 8200
- Channel Four offers advertising on a UK wide or Scotland wide basis.
- You can advertise at the cinema either using a traditional filmed commercial or in a poster format where a still image is projected onto the screen before the rest of the film begins.
- Carlton Screen have the contract for Odeon cinemas including Edinburgh Lothian Road and Wester Hailes, Cineworld Edinburgh at Fountainbridge and UCI Edinburgh at Kinnaird Park, Showcase Cinema at Coatbridge as well as Independents like the Cameo and Filmhouse in Edinburgh.
- (t) 020 7534 6363
- Carlton Screen Website
Pearl & Dean have the contract for VUE cinemas including Livingston, Edinburgh Omni Centre, Edinburgh Ocean Terminal as well as Independents like the Dominion in Edinburgh.
(t) 020 7882 1100
Pearl and Dean Website
- Prevue magazine - Quarterly magazine for Vue Cinema published by Concept Publishing
(t) 01225 737373
There are a number of different outdoor advertising options including Billboards, Buses, Taxis, Bus Shelters, Railway Stations, Mobile Billboards etc. Try searching www.yell.com for Outdoor Advertising.
First Bus East of Scotland and First Scotrail train and station advertising is handled by CBS Outdoor. Call 01506 443 300 or go to www.cbsoutdoor.co.uk for more information.
In West Lothian you can even sponsor a roundabout. This service is run by West Lothian Council, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are a number of directories that offer advertising opportunities for businesses both in hard copies that are distributed throughout the area and often on the internet as well. The council offers a FREE online Business Directory simply fill in a Business Directory Entry Form and post or fax it back to us. Your business will then be searchable on this website and you will get a hyperlink to your website (if you have one) boosting your search engine rankings.
Yell group have four main products: Their hard copy directories Yellow Pages aimed at the residential market and Business Pages aimed at business to business customers as well as their phone service 118 24 7 and their website directory www.yell.com. Basic entries are free but can be enhanced with adverts and linage available at a variety of different prices. See the Yell website for more details.
Thomson Local also offer a free listing in their hard copy directory and their website www.thomsonlocal.com as well as offering a variety of enhanced products. Visit the Thomson Local website for more information.
The Phone Book
BT offer a free listing in the phone book both in the A-Z section and the Classified Directory. They also offer a free entry on their website www.thephonebook.com. A variety of enhanced adverts are also available. See the BT Phonebook website for more details.
West Lothian Business Directory and Loyalty Card
Published annually, in September, the West Lothian Business Directory & Loyalty Card is distributed to residents and businesses across West Lothian as a hard copy and is also available online. The West Lothian Loyalty Card offers residents, promotions and discounts at local businesses.
For more information contact:
- Smith Allan Marketing,
- 36 Parsonspool,
- EH19 3NP
- (t) 0131 454 9944
- (e) email@example.com
- (w) www.smith-allanmarketing.com
Local Directories & Magazines
There are a number of local directories and magazines in West Lothian including:
The Black Bitch magazine in Linlithgow - www.theblackbitch.co.uk.
The Linlithgow Arrow which covers Linlithgow and Bo'ness and the Livingston Directory which covers Livingston. To advertise in either call 01506 416 360 or go to the Livingston Directory website.
The Business Advertiser directories produced by JB Publishing include editions for Armadale, Bathgate, Broxburn, Linlithgow, Livingston and Whitburn.
- Unit 9A Stoneyburn Workshops
- Main Street
- EH47 8BA
- (t) 01501 763 799
There are a huge number of advertising opportunities on the Internet. The E-Business section of this website has a number of helpful tips about both building a website and internet advertising. The two big key word advertising sources are Google and
One way to advertise your business FREE is to get an entry on this site's Business Directory simply fill in a Business Directory Entry Form and post or fax it back to us. Your business will then be searchable on this website and you will get a hyperlink to your website (if you have one) boosting your search engine rankings.
- Local sites with additional directory advertising opportunities are The Best of West Lothian & Yellowtom who offer mini website entries with descriptive text, photos and contact details. Other local internet sites with advertising opportunities include www.livingstonalive.co.uk and www.lothianlife.co.uk.