This team provides public transport service information delivered via printed material, telephone and online timetables.
It also contracts local bus services to enhance those provided by the free market - about 20% of all bus services.
If you wish to discuss public transport access issues to your place of work contact Linda Fairclough, Public Transport Officer Tel: 01506 775289 or email email@example.com
Road Safety and Traffic Management
This service deals with matters relating to road safety and traffic management such as waiting and loading restrictions, speed limits, on-street parking needs, disabled parking provision and new direction signs.
Contact Kevin Hamilton, Team Leader, Road Safety & Traffic Management, Tel: 01506 775301 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The development planning section undertakes the following key tasks:
- advises on transportation related development plan policies;
- development and analysis of the West Lothian and Almondvale
- analysis of traffic assessments;
- parking standards and travel plans;
- adoption of public roads and ensuring standards of roads are met by private developers;
- represent transportation interests at planning application stage;
- assessment and approval of road construction consents for developers, formal adoption of new roads;
- management of the council's private road partnership scheme;
- management of street traders' licence applications.
Contact: Jim Stewart, Team Leader, Development Planning, Tel: 01506 775295 or email email@example.com
The remit of the Transportation Policy team includes:
- Input to the Regional Transport Strategy;
- Maintaining the Local Transport Strategy;
- Identifying & securing funding for transport projects;
- Representing the council's transport interests on regional and national groups;
- Capital programme development and co-ordination;
- Partnership working to deliver major projects such as the reopening of the Bathgate - Airdrie railway and Forth Replacement Crossing;
- Sustainable transport and travel plans.
Regional Transport Strategy
SEStran is the Regional Transport Partnership for South East Scotland. The Regional Transport Partnership can found online at www.sestran.gov.uk
Local Transport Strategy
The West Lothian Local Transport Strategy was last published in 2000. The next version is being drafted and is expected to go for public consultation during late 2009.
For local transportation policy issues contact Billy Thompson, Policy Manager, Tel: 01506 7752 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
With over 70 roundabouts across the area, West Lothian Council offers opportunities to advertise on its roundabouts. This affords excellent opportunities for large or small businesses/organisations to advertise 365 days a year at very affordable rates.
Contact Anne Sneddon on 01506 281833 or email email@example.com