We aim to meet the following service standards at all times:
- Staff will provide clear and accurate information about the service to all customers. The scope and limits of our services will be clearly explained at the outset.
- We will give a full response to all enquiries, where possible, within 5 working days. We will advise if it is not possible to achieve this and agree a revised response date with the customer;
- We will answer all telephone calls promptly and courteously, identifying ourselves by name and service.
- Our offices' opening hours and locations will be clearly displayed and published;
- Publicity information and other materials will use clear, simple language. All published information will be available, on request, in various languages and formats;
- Where our facilities are not accessible, we will offer a one-to-one service convenient to the needs of the customer. Every effort will be made to meet the requirements of customers with disabilities;
- Each customer will be dealt with fairly and sensitively according to their needs.
- We will deal with your enquiries in a professional, friendly and helpful manner;
- We will ask questions to help you to describe the information you are looking for more clearly, and in more detail, in order to deliver the service which best meets your needs;
- The information we provide will be accurate, up to date and of high quality;
- Client confidentiality will be maintained at all times.
Overall Customer Satisfaction
- We will look at new ways of delivering our services to best suit the needs of our customers, using new technology where appropriate;
- We will ask you regularly if our service is meeting your needs and how we can improve. We aim to achieve an overall customer satisfaction level of 90%.
Performance information can be found in the Economic Development Service Annual Report 2008 - 2009
Complaints, Comments and Compliments
If you are unhappy with the service or we have not done something we said we would, please let us know. Problems can arise without our knowledge so we welcome the opportunity to put matters right. We also like to hear when a service is delivered well. In both cases, we value your opinion!
In the first instance we would ask you to follow Financial Management's own complaints procedure . Most problems can be dealt with quickly by people closest to the situation
If you are unhappy with Financial Management's response then you can escalate your complaint through the council's formal procedures by downloading a "Points of View" leaflet.
Date of last update: 23/09/2011